There Is Help.
There Is A Solution
Home » Bankruptcy » Can I Keep My Home?

Bankruptcy Can Give You A Reprieve

Are you letting other debts slide to pay the mortgage? Have you fallen behind on your house payments? Has your lender already started the clock on foreclosure? The protections of bankruptcy can help you keep your home, or at least buy you time to make other arrangements.

Foreclosure Is Not A Foregone Conclusion

I know that losing your home would be heartbreaking. I am Paul Petrillo, an experienced bankruptcy lawyer in New Hampshire. I have helped many clients in Rockingham County and Hillsborough County, including those in Nashua and Manchester, stop foreclosure and save their homes by filing for bankruptcy.

No matter what caused your financial hardships, I can help you explore bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure or eviction. Even if a date is set for the sheriff’s sale, it might not be too late. Call me today for foreclosure help.

Using Bankruptcy To Stop Foreclosure

If you are behind on your mortgage, Chapter 13 bankruptcy can prevent or halt foreclosure proceedings. Under the automatic stay of bankruptcy, the lender must cease all legal actions to take your house or collect past-due payments. In Chapter 13, you stay in your home and pay the mortgage arrears over three or five years.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy offers temporary relief. If you know you can’t afford to keep your house, Chapter 7 will delay foreclosure or eviction for several months to allow you to find another place to live.

Many clients are desperate after pursuing loan modifications, workouts or debt consolidations without success. They want to know, “can I keep my home?” Bankruptcy is not always the answer, but it does offer immediate relief from foreclosure and real relief from debt. I can explain whether you are able to save your home and how to make the most of bankruptcy.

See frequently asked questions.

Call Today For Legal Help

I have handled hundreds of personal bankruptcies for clients throughout the Merrimack Valley. For a free and confidential consultation, call me at 603-635-4149 or contact me online.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.