Law Office of Paul Petrillo
Contact Us Today 603-635-4149
Menu Contact

Mother claims courts violating her parental rights

A mother in New Hampshire believes that the court system isn't doing its job to help protect her children. According to her claims, she had sole custody and parental rights over her children since 2012, but now the courts aren't allowing her to exercise her rights to protect her children from their father.

She claims that she and her ex-husband have been fighting over custody of their two children, an 8-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy, for close to a decade. They had a lengthy domestic violence history, yet the judge recently ordered the children to have an unsupervised visit with their father on Christmas Day.

She claims her ex-husband does not follow restraining orders, parenting plans or abide by any court orders, so she doesn't understand why the courts allowed this visitation. She has noted that she has had many judges on her case, a rotation rate that could make it hard to get cohesive rulings.

The latest in her struggle was when she decided to move out of state. She legally does not need permission, but her ex-husband took her back to court. The court has not been supportive of her rights, she believes. Now, she's been left asking herself if she should abide by the court orders she's given or do what she knows will protect her children while being in contempt of court, a decision difficult for anyone.

If this situation is reminiscent of your own, you aren't alone. The changing of judges can be difficult, but your attorney can help you organize your case and keep the facts straight.

Source:, "Local mother claims NH court system isn't helping her protect her children," Jennifer Currier, Dec. 22, 2016

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Start Your Case Today

Whether you have a family law issue, an estate planning question or are considering bankruptcy, I can help you find a sustainable solution that provides relief and hope. Schedule your consultation at my Nashua, New Hampshire office today by calling 603-635-4149 or by sending us an email.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

email us for a response
Law Office of Paul Petrillo