Law Office of Paul Petrillo
Contact Us Today 603-635-4149
Menu Contact

How do parents make parenting plans for children of divorce?

Divorce is always difficult, especially on children. When a child's world is about to be split between two homes and two independent people, New Hampshire courts try to make sure their needs are attended.

What does New Hampshire law say about child custody?

Section 461 of New Hampshire's state code states that "children do best when both parents have a stable and meaningful involvement in their lives." As such, the default position of state courts ruling on child custody is that children should have continuing contact with both parents regardless of custody unless a parent or a situation has been shown as dangerous or detrimental to the child.

What are parents' responsibility to determine child custody solutions?

Parents are encouraged in Section 461 to work out a fair and equitable sharing of parental rights and responsibilities under their own terms if it is possible to do so. Parents are given relatively large self-regulation in creating parenting plans that involve physical custody and other aspects of child care as long as they agree.

What does a parenting plan require from parents creating it?

Plans should contain guidelines for who will make decisions in a child's life as well as where a child will live and when. This will help parents and children settle into a routine after separation or divorce. Other relatives and holidays may also be included in these plans. A method to resolve disputes, such as deferring to mediation, is often a wise addition as well.

How do I write a parenting plan?

An attorney is often useful in all parts of divorce proceedings, including making agreements and resolving disagreements over child custody.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Start Your Case Today

Whether you have a family law issue, an estate planning question or are considering bankruptcy, I can help you find a sustainable solution that provides relief and hope. Schedule your consultation at my Nashua, New Hampshire office today by calling 603-635-4149 or by sending us an email.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

email us for a response
Law Office of Paul Petrillo