Law Office of Paul Petrillo
Contact Us Today 603-635-4149
Menu Contact

Is it easy to get a New Hampshire divorce with no kids?

When a couple gets divorced, children are always the ones who feel it the most. Their lives are forever changed, and at least for the foreseeable future, are out of their control. Sometime, courts have to decide where children spend the bulk of their time. For couples with no minor children, however, two people only have to worry about themselves.

  • What's the best way to start a divorce in New Hampshire when a couple has no children?

A joint petition is often a good idea to avoid the cost of a plaintiff serving papers. This can be done even if there is no agreement on the division of property. A personal data sheet will include the assets and properties that must be divided to resolve the divorce.

  • What is needed to complete a divorce with no children?

Each spouse must complete an affidavit to insure all marital assets are considered. The court then issues a final decree of divorce. New Hampshire requires a vital statistics form as well.

  • What if a couple has adult children?

The division of assets like joint retirement accounts may affect estate plans, and spouses often have to write new last wills and testaments or change the beneficiaries of trusts during and after divorces. If parents are paying for their children's college expenses while they're getting divorced, they should make sure the division of property does not affect their cash flow too much.

  • Is a lawyer required for a divorce without children?

It is always a good idea to have legal representation during divorce proceedings. The process can be complex and the consequences of missing details can be severe.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Start Your Case Today

Whether you have a family law issue, an estate planning question or are considering bankruptcy, I can help you find a sustainable solution that provides relief and hope. Schedule your consultation at my Nashua, New Hampshire office today by calling 603-635-4149 or by sending us an email.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

email us for a response
Law Office of Paul Petrillo