No one likes to admit that the person with whom they exchanged marriage vows and yearned to live the rest of their life in New Hampshire has a covert romantic relationship on the side. There may be a slew of causes that can initiate infidelity, like boredom, an affinity for risk-taking or the alluring mystique of someone new.
Whatever started your partner’s affair, it’s always deeply hurtful, stunning and traumatic.
Sometimes a husband or wife just has a gnawing, indefinable intuition that something is going off the track in the marriage. Other times, there are subtle clues.
Emails or text messages from a new stranger, frequently coming home late from work for no obvious reason, being distracted all of a sudden, or not being wholly invested in the marriage anymore can be red flags pointing to a cheater.
You will want to confirm or discount your stubborn suspicions before taking decisive action to file for divorce.
What can you do, though?
Possible hints that infidelity is occurring
Hunt for patterns like these:
- There have been inexplicable, abrupt shifts in your intimate relationship
- Your spouse picks on you for minor transgressions or evades you altogether
- Your spouse tries to conceal their electronic devices and refuses to let you view them
- Your closest pals start acting oddly fidgety around you
- You can’t get in touch with your spouse as easily as before when they are out
- Your partner spiffs up their looks by losing weight or changing their wardrobe
It can be disappointing to confirm that your spouse is indeed stepping out with someone else. One avenue to try before calling it quits might be couple’s therapy. If that does not succeed and the marriage is in irreparable shreds, a divorce may be brewing. Attend to yourself and your future and learn what your legal rights are.